Friday, June 12, 2009

Parallel Paths

God has really been working on my heart over the last two weeks. Or maybe I have hopped off "my" path and joined Him on His path? Instead of waving to Him from my path, I have decided to join Him so we can walk this path of infertility together. I seem to need to learn this over and over again because this lesson seems all too familiar; the situation is just different.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

I got my test results. In the end it reminds me that GOD is the one in CONTROL and His timing is PERFECT. So, hard to give over control though.

My results came back NORMAL. This is good, yet bad. It is good because you always can rest in good news and bad in that there is no earthly reason why we aren't preggo. Because my doctor can't find reason why we aren't pregnant and gave me a recommendation for a fertility specialist. All good and fine until I called my insurance company and I have no coverage for infertility. :( So, what does that mean...

It is just more confirmation...that little special spot in my heart for adoption is getting bigger and bigger. Over the years, I have been drawn to international adoption and I have been researching countries and the process and I keep running into my desire to have an infant and after all the process the youngest the child is 1 year. So...that leads us to look more domestically. I have plenty of blogs to follow of people that are adopting internationally, but who knew...I cannot hardly any connections of people that have adopted domestically (Thanks, Jami for your guidance and I will definately be in touch). Please leave a comment if you know of any connections.

Also, a HUGE 'stumbling' block is many agencies require the adoptive couple to be married at least 3 years. We are just coming to our 2nd anniversary, so this could very well make our wait to be parents much longer. :(

We will see what doors He opens for us as we walk along His path...

1 comment:

Paula said...

Follow up to my first comment: You may not have to wait as long as you think. We put our name in with our adoption agency and only waited 5 months for our 1st daughter and then the second time we only waited one month. You will know when the time is right!
Your sister in Christ,
Paula