Saturday, January 9, 2010

Can't think of a good title

So, I have been struggling with letting go...letting go of the feeling of "rejection" from some of my infertility friends. Okay, I said it. I never in a million years would have thought I would have felt rejected by my friends who are struggling with infertilty. Why can't you just be happy for me I want to say?! I know your pain-I was there. Just because I am happy doesn't mean I have forgotten about your pain. It is like I don't know how to be happy without feeling guilty.

I continue to pray that God blesses you someday somehow.

I do want to insert here that I have many wonderful amazing, supportive, absolutely fantastic friends who have been more than happy for us and even shedded a tear when we told them AND who are still waiting for their miracles and I pray that you know who you are since I don't want to name names here.

Maybe I am just being really sensitive and need to just move on which could very well be the case. Maybe I am just being selfish to want everyone to be happy for my hubby and I. Happy that we are pregnant. Wondering if it would be different if we decided to adopt? Sadly, I don't think we would have had the same response.

I have vowed since I started this blog to be transparent and real and well, I suppose I should keep with that, right.

Anyway, I will move on...right now! I am going to enjoy this most beautiful time God has brought our way.

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Phil. 4:6

Stay tuned for a belly picture!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leah, I just wanted you to know how much I've been encouraged by your blog. Last week, I linked over to your blog from Jami Kaeb's, and have been so blessed.

My husband and I have been wrestling with infertility for nearly 2 years and it's always encouraging to connect with those who understand the journey and all of its emotions/struggles/joys. In a way, your blog has allowed me to access the pain of infertility that I'd buried deep inside. So thanks. Thanks for being so transparent. I've been blessed! And I wish you all the best in your pregnancy!

Leigh said...

Leah, I'm so sorry people can't be happy for you.

We have struggled with the loss of friends this year as well, under different circumstances. People don't understand why we would decided to adopt when we could have biological children (or so we believe since we have never tried, of course the truth is we might not be able to at all, don't know that until you try right?) but as you know God placed adoption on our hearts and that should be reason enough. For many it's not though. It's really sad and I went through a long mourning period for those friends that we are just not close to anymore but God brought some AMAZING AMAZING women into my life that have blessed me so much with their friendships. I pray that your friends come around and if for some reason they don't I pray you will be blessed with some new amazing women in your life. Of course that doesn't replace the old friends but it does ease the pain a bit!

Can't wait to see a belly picture, I'm sure you are adorable!

April said...

Leah, I am so sorry that you are getting a bad reaction from some of your friends. I will admit to having a hard time when friends of mine announced their pregnancies, but not nearly as much now that we have Lilli. The best way I can describe it is that while I was happy for their pregnancies, it reminded me of my inability to be pregnant. I always tried not to let my friends feel my pain, though. Don't let other people get you down- thank God for His blessing and focus on your family.

Chari said...

YAYYYYYY - I'm so happy you guys are pregnant!!! :o) It is great and it doesn't "hurt" me a bit!! Love ya Scoots