Faith is getting to be such a big girl at 6lbs 5oz! (doubled her birth weight) Each day I am amazed at the little progress she is making. We had a little set back this week with her hermatic level being low which caused her to be really sleepy. She was only eating about half of what she was eating the week before. The doctor decided to do another blood transfusion to help her. The good and bad of the transfusion is good that she has energy, bad because the transfusion shuts down her own abilitly to make more blood cells. This is only temporary and hopefully, when her body needs to make more blood cells in a month or so she will be older and stronger and will be able to handle it.
Faith is eating well more times than not. She is nursing pretty well when she is not tired. The bottle is easier for her, so I fear that she will begin to reject nursing because it takes more work. It will be nice when we are home and I can offer her food from me every feeding and not just when I can be at the hospital. I just hope it will not be "too late" because we missed the window.
Things can change on a dime, but we may have our little Honey Bunny home next week. I won't be heart broken if she does not come home next week because I want her to be as strong as she can be before she gets home, but I sure do miss her and wish she was home and I am getting really tired of being at the hospital.
God is good and we have so much to be thankful for!
1 comment:
She is adorable, Leah. I am so excited for you, Faith coming home would be a huge blessing!
Post a Comment