Thursday, August 18, 2011

Liliana

I have always had a heart for orphans and adoption.  I don't know how this will play out in the future, but I have just been so burdened by the orphan crisis of our world.  Have you read Adeye's blog (No Greater Joy Mom)?  She has an amazing heart for adoption.  She is not afraid to show the reality.  If you have a few hours minutes, her blog is well worth the read. 

Have you ever read something that simply makes you sick, makes you cry, makes you plead to God on what you should do?  It started for me when I was in high school and 20/20 aired a special about the orphans of Romania.  Anyone else see that?  I was changed that evening...  I remember balling my eyes out for days over that special. It was then that my heart for orphans was really awaken.  Lately, that ache and burden has returned strong.  Ok, this will sound weird, but hey, it's my blog. :)  I would love to win the lottery.  I love to donate/to support causes.  The problem= we haven't won the lottery and we aren't rich in the monetary sense.  Heck, we wonder month by month if living on one income is wise.  I have been praying then what can I do...little ol' me.  The answer- simple= advocate for God's children.

Here is Liliana (not her real name).  She lives in an orphanage. 



Liliana has Down Syndrome and in her country, she is worth NOTHING.  She is basically left to waste away in a crib.  You want to guess how old she is?  She weighs 10lbs.  Her feet are 4 inches long.

She

is

Eleven...yes, 11 years old.

Adeye on her blog is doing a giveaway to help raise funds for Liliana's forever family so they can adopt her without the worry of cost.  Check it out here

Pray for this child.  Pray for a family to adopt Liliana.

No comments: