Tonight, I suddenly had the urge to blog about this, so I jumped at the chance.
The truth is, I am in a dim place right now. Life has just been such a struggle for me over the last 17 months specifically. True, I have many wonderful things in life (my husband, daughter, family, and friends), but I tend to drop back to a sad place in my heart and mind and I am just trying to make sense of it and praying God would help me out of it.
With that said, I have really been contemplating the future of this blog and blogging in general. I see it as 3 choices here:
1. To just take a break from blogging and return when I feel it is right for me.
2. To retire this blog, turn it into a beautiful book, and start afresh with a new blog with new ideas.
3. To quit blogging altogether.
I just don't know... "I don't know" seems to be a theme in my life right now. I. JUST. DON'T.KNOW
To close for now, I will end this blog entry with some pictures from Oct. 7, 2011, one year since Mom went to heaven. My dear and special friends came to me about a week ago and said they wanted to make the day special for me and to honor my mom. They wanted to do for me whatever I wanted to do that day. I decided to have a play date with all the kiddos. My friends surprised me with balloons to release, cake, and special notes they left at the grave site. I will forever be touched by my thoughtful and loving friends.
I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.
Psalm 121


3 comments:
Thanks for sharing this painful post, Leah.
Blessings to you, friend....
What wonderful friends! Regardless of what you decide, definitely do the book. Such a neat idea.
What a beautiful way to remember your mom, you have good friends. Good luck in your decision making, choices like that are hard but I think there are definitely different seasons in life.
Post a Comment