Friday, June 26, 2009

Dinner with some new friends!


A lot of connecting has happened in the last week! About a week ago, my husband and I started to really talk about adoption (it has been a subject of conversation lightly for several months), but my heart has really been drawn to adoption this month. It is amazing how much my heart has opened up to it. God is this the road you want us to take?


My husband has such a heart for the Lord and waiting for His timing. I have a tougher time being patient. I, so admire my husband's heart and believe he is right that we don't want to rush into this (even though in my mind I am thinking 'even if we start the process now we are still at least a year out from having a baby in our home'). Deep down I know that he is completely right and this is not something to do just because we think it is right. We want to be lead and know for sure that God has this for us.


So, back to the connecting with new friends. I called the church a few weeks ago to see if they could connect me with people that have adopted. They gave me a name of a lady who has started an adoption ministry and so after a few rounds of 'phone tag' we finally connected. It was so nice to talk to someone who essential has walked in our shoes. This person was so open to share her experience. Wow, thank you! I then connected with another family and after only talking to me for 10 mins. she invited my husband and I over for dinner two days later. Remember this is a couple we had never met or even seen. Wow, how nice is that! This couple is amazing. They have adopted 3 boys from Korea!


Our prayer right now, is that God would show us clearly what direction He would have us walk.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1

2 comments:

dave and kate said...

Don't give up!

I am proof that miracles happen! We are 9 weeks along, after many years of trying to conceive. God is GREAT!

Paula said...

If you feel God leading you toward adoption all I can say is go for it and don't be afraid. I let too many years go by because I had a lot of minconceptions about it. We have 2 beautiful baby girls now that we adopted as infants one year apart (domestically). (I saw your comment on Unmeasured Grace Blog)