Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Blessed!

Can I just say that I am giddy! I am giddy that I get to do something so small that will mean so much to one 7 year old.

It was early summer when I landed in blogland at New Day Foster Home in China. I would stay up way past my bedtime reading about all the amazing things God is doing in the lives of these precious children. I am glued to the New Day blog and look forward to seeing the updates in my google reader.

Then yesterday, I learned about Sheri and her amazing mission her Operation Giggle to provide Christmas to all the children at New Day Foster Home. Imagine being a child without parents and receiving no gifts on Christmas morning. How wonderful it is to be able to provide gifts to kids that are unlikely to receive any. And, even more than the gifts...what a beautiful way to show God's love to these kids...they are NOT forgotten.

I was brought to tears while sharing this with hubby tonight. Last night, I emailed Sheri that I wanted to be paired with a child (I did not specify with who) for Operation Giggle and you know who I am paired with.....Hannah... that is right a sweet little girl named Hannah. You can learn more about Hannah here and here.

Today, my heart feels warm and full of love for a child I will not meet in this lifetime. Hannah has made a footprint on my heart.

You can bet that there will be lots of giggles on Christmas morning!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Oh Leah! That's such an amazing story!

It's 11:30 at night and I just spent 30 minutes looking and reading about those special children!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Leigh said...

Oh yes yes yes! I love that you are doing this!!!! I am going to do a post sometime in the next few weeks about ways we can help by either directly giving at Christmas like this or by buying presents where some money goes to help these children or help bring them home!

How wonderfully perfect is it that her name is Hannah! God is so good!