Saturday, October 17, 2009

Thought You'd Be Here



Thought You'd Be Here

~Wes King


We thought you'd be here by now

your Mother and I

We're praying through our

tears that somehow

We might hear your sweet cry

Have we waited to long

It's getting harder to be strong

Is there something we've done wrong


But if you like dancing

I'll make it rain rhythm

and rhyme and melodies, child

And if you like dreaming

Your Mother will make your

imagination run wild

Somehow,

we thought you'd be here by now


We have a room just for you, upstairs

It's right down the hall

So we'll be close should

you ever get scared

We'll come when you call

It's a room full of stories

Waiting to be told

Longing to behold


And if you like laughing

I'll paint you a circus of smiles

and ferris wheels, dear

And if you like living

Your Mother will fly you

to worlds both far and near

Somehow....


I never knew the silence

could make me so deaf

I never knew that I could

miss someone I never met

Miss someone I haven't met yet


We'll be waiting

5 comments:

Chari said...

I'm glad you can share what's real. It's ok to be real... Thank-you for being real.

Carrie said...

Wow...perfect....just perfect...

Jess said...

I remember reading and crying to this poem. It touches beautifully but painfully the real feelings of infertility. I hurt for you new friend.

Anonymous said...

Powerful

April said...

I've never heard that one. That sums it up perfectly. Praying for you!