Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Faith is 1 Week Old

It is hard to believe that Faith was a week old yesterday. I am so proud of how hard she is fighting to find her way out of the womb. I can't imagine how much a change her life is today than it was in the womb. The nurses at the NICU are amazing and try very hard to make me feel comfortable and informed. They have a true gift that is for sure.

Things Faith is still working at:
- breathing at a consistent level and rhythm-sometimes she gets too relaxed and her brain forgets to tell her body to breath
- balancing her jaundice level (sorry wish I remembered all the medical terms for things)
- still has a bit of cloudy weather in her lungs
-slight heart murmur at times

Things Faith is doing well:
- tolerating her feedings
-breathing with the high flow nasal canula at 21-25 percent. We breath at 21 percent. So, she is doing all the work to breath herself. :-)
-snuggling up to her mommy during our daily Kangaroo hold time

Silly things Faith does:
- raises her bum in the air while she is sleeping and moving.

Mommy's 'joy' moments
-seeing Faith have her eyes open and looking around for a minute
-holding her
-each night before we leave Wade and I place our hand on her 'tent' and pray for her. This is an especially sweet time and a reminder to me that He has her in His hands.

Mommy's struggle
-being able to provide enough milk for her
- mourning the loss of her not in my belly able to grow
-baby blues-daily breakdowns

Hopefully, I can get some more pics soon. They are kind of strict about taking pictures with a flash. Once she is off the billi light more, it will be easier to get a picture without a flash.

I don't think I could ever say this enough, but thank you for all your support and prayers.

Blessings,

No comments: