Tuesday, June 15, 2010

1 Month







June 4th marked Faith's one month birthday. It is amazing to see how she has grown and changed. A true miracle! Tonight she weighed in at 5lbs 9oz. She started taking all her feeds by mouth last week...so "good-bye" feeding tube. :) Nursing is going well sometimes and not so well other times. She is also working on taking her supplement in the bottle. Breathing, sucking, swallowing is something that we can easily do and don't even think about it. Watching Faith eat reminds me that it is something we had to learn. She does pretty well, but does choke at times and drops her O2 levels.
My Honey Bunny does have some reflux and now that she is laying flat (not the incline like she has been doing since day one) it has really hit her good. It was SOOOOOO hard to leave her tonight knowing that as soon as we lay her down she will eventually get uncomfortable. When I am there to feed her I can hold her for awhile and that helps with the reflux. When I am not there the nurse feeds her and then has to lay her down so she can attend to the other babies she is responsible for and so then her reflux gets much worse. It just really hit me tonight that we had to leave her. Sniff, sniff...

Someday she will be home!




2 comments:

The Evans Family said...

I can only imagine how hard it is to leave her. You are a good mommy! She is so cute and you can tell she is starting to fill out.

Kim said...

Found your blog through a comment you left :) Just wanted to tell you I'll be praying for your sweet baby girl! I am almost 30 weeks pregnant with our first (also a girl) and seeing your baby born at just about where I am is so strange. Hopefully she stays put several more weeks :)