Here is a picture of my mom, me, and my sister-in-law AND you could almost say my Aunt was in the picture, too. She is the painted lady on the wall! LOL! I never noticed how perfectly we were positioned in the photo for my Aunt to be in it without really being in it. :}
But, you know what I really notice...the smile on my mom's face. It completely hit me with a ton of bricks that I had not seen that smile- that authentic smile- in over 3 years. Little did we all know that in this picture mom had cancer/FULL blown cancer in her body. Does she look sick? NO, she had NO symptoms...scary. Anyway, I digressed a bit.........
In the 3 1/2 years mom lived with cancer, she never really got "her" smile back. It was never the same. I sadly had forgotten the look in my pre-cancer mom's face. I am thankful for finding this photo the other day and being able to picture her smile again. :)
I love the life I see in my mom's face...and so thankful she has gotten it back in Heaven!
He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever." Revelation 21:4

2 comments:
wow, thank you for sharing...
It's amazing how easy it is to forget. My dad died of cancer 5 years ago in May. I still remember him the way he was the day he died. I need to go find a healthy smiling picture of him and put that face back in my memory.
Post a Comment