Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Heart Wants His Will

I am so blessed!

I have wonderful parents who love me unconditionally. I have a brother and sister-in-law who are a blessing to me even across the many miles. My husband is beyond words for being the amazing Christian man I prayed for, for many years. My church family is such a blessing. I have a wonderful job teaching kindergartners!

Lord, please forgive me for my impatience and my human desires that think I know best.

Yet, I feel like there is something missing. I know in His time, His desires for us will become our own and we will see exactly how He wants to build our family. Right now it is not clear.

We had a wonderful anniversary trip and enjoyed an amazing dinner on the 40th floor of a building. Even though I loved it, mainly because I was sharing it with my husband.... it just felt kind of different. The whole time I just kept thinking about all the orphans I have been reading about.

God has created quite a special place for Asian orphans in my heart.

On the way home from our trip, I just kept looking in the backseat half expecting to see a little Asian child in a car seat babbling to us and how perfect it felt.

Lord, if you are calling us to adopt in Asia...where? when? how?

1 comment:

rachel vaughn said...

God has exciting plans for your family. we'll keep praying.