It was through Christian music that I found Christ and let Him in my heart way back in 1996. Songs continue to minister to me often.
For the last week, I have had trouble sleeping. I just lay there awake and think, think, think, and think too much. I clearly remember a point brought up at church way back in the fall about insomnia=someone needs your prayer. So, as I lay there, I try to listen and pray for people that come to my mind. My heart has been so heavy in prayer for all the orphans of this world. I have read MANY blogs of people that have adopted internationally and all I can say is "wow, God is at work and has not forgotten His abandoned children." I am praying about how I can do 'more' for orphans. Currently, I support Steven Curtis Chapman's foundation and have for several years. What an amazing mission for Christ he and his family are doing. http://www.showhope.org/
Last night, out of nowhere, a song came to my mind that I so needed to sing:
"I Surrender All"
All to Jesus I surrender;
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
Refrain:
I surrender all,I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.
All to Jesus I surrender;
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
All to Jesus I surrender;
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
All to Jesus I surrender;
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power;
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
All to Jesus I surrender;
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory, to His Name!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment