Saturday, September 5, 2009

New Book

My friend Jess found this new book and so of course I had to check it out...literally. It is called "Making Babies" by Sami S. David and Jill Blakeway. What really drew me to the book was the philosophy of helping couples achieve pregnancy as naturally as possible. The author was the first U.S. doctor to successfully do IVF. He talks about how uncomfortable he was in doing the procedure and did not like "playing God." His philosophy is to combine Western medicine with Eastern medicine to try everything possible to achieve pregnancy with the least amount of intervention (he exhausts everything before he refers clients out for IVF).

The funny part of this story is when I went to check out the book. I raced to the library between work and my hair appointment trying not to late to the latter and when I got to the library I could not find the book, so I had to ask. I went up to the little desk near many people studying and the librarian asked what book I was looking for. I tried to whisper as quiet as I could "Making Babies by Sami David." I am sure I disrupted a few students deep in concentration when I uttered that title!

So, are you wondering where we are at with things?? Well, I wonder, too. Somedays I still feel so stuck and like God is not moving at all. I know better than to think that though. What I do know is I have a desire to adopt AND I have a desire to carry a baby. Maybe God has plans for both?! My desire to create a baby with my hubby has lead us to continue to pray and investigate and my desire to adopt has lead us to support others in their adoptions through prayer and monetary means as well as the continued prayer for guidance and leading on when, where, and how He would lead us to adopt.

Like I keep say'in "stay tuned..."

2 comments:

Leigh said...

I know it's hard being in the holding pattern, praying for you. And when God does bring you your first babe weather biologically or through adoption, isn't it great to know that it was the perfect child that God picked out just for you, that child was created in His image to be raised by you! That is beautiful no matter how it it happens!

Jess said...

Wow, I can already tell we have a lot in common! Looking forward to reading more of your blogs and meeting you next week!!!