Have you ever felt like you are peddling so fast, yet you don't feel like you are moving? I am feeling very much like this folks. To be brutally honest, my attitude has stunk up a room lately. I do my best to hide it and I am not sure most people would not even notice, but I notice it and I 'smell' it. In my little pea brain, I don't feel like God is showing us what we are supposed to do, so maybe He doesn't want us to really do anything. I am in the middle of many paths and don't know what way to turn or where God is really leading us. My "I want to get things done" personality, is not very comfortable with this waiting and seemlingly no answers time.
Praise our Lord that He gives us strength to face each day.
What verse(s) do you find comforting in a time of waiting or when you are searching for peace and assurance?
I am all ears!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Leah, thanks for commenting so that I could find you! Send me an e-mail if you ever share yours - I'm tonggumomma(at)gmail(dot)com. As to the waiting... if you are talking about waiting when it comes to adoption, I wrote about one of my favorite verses in this post ( http://tiny.cc/UGwUg ). I pray it helps a bit. I know that the Holy Spirit brought much comfort to me as I meditated on that verse and wrote that post.
Verse..... "my ways are higher than your ways, and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.... "
Mostly, putting my life in the perspective of eternity - often makes whatever is "screaming" not sound so loud or important.
But overall - that's still not an easy pat answer or a fix in any way.
Post a Comment