I love going on walks. I used to do it a lot more and I was skinner then (hmm...maybe I should make more note of that). Anyway, I love walks! I seem to do my best thinking, praying, and head-writing when I am walking around the neighborhood or wherever. I am pretty sure 'head-writing' is not a word, but my thoughts often come out like I am writing it down. Yeah, it is like an internal blog! Today, I was remembering a verse I enclosed in my college graduation announcement.
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
Psalm 119:105
Whenever I would think of that verse, I would always imagine myself with little lanterns on my feet and I could only see about 1 ft. in front of me, but as I would keep walking I would see more and more and the 'story' would become more clear...I would understand.
This is very much where I am right now. This verse is so visual to me at this moment. I truly can only see about 1 ft. in front of me. I find myself wishing I knew all the answers. Do we adopt? Where? When? I just want to know!!
So, I will continue to put on my lamp-shoes and keep walking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi! Thanks for the comment on our blog! The only advice I have for you about adoption is if you feel there is a child out there for you, go for it! We wanted to have a child, she needed a family...simple as that!
You are such a great writer, Leah. I enjoy reading your blog and it's so evident that God is working in the midst of your struggles. You're touching the lives of people you'll probably never even know. Continuing to pray for you...
Leah,
Wow- I have just read a few posts on this blog and I have tears in my eyes as I write this. Thank you for sharing so openly about your stuggles and for continuing to trust the Lord even when you can't see the next step in front of you.
It sounds to me as if God is already opening the door to a new journey through adoption and oh what an amazing journey it is! (As many have already written to tell you!)
I agree with Kelly and say GO for it!
I will continue to follow your blog and pray that God will give you peace as you trust Him and make some decisions. I am sure it is very hard right now.
"Now FAITH is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see..." Hebrews 11:1
For His Glory,
Candice
Post a Comment