Today was filled with a lot of thankful things! And, sadly today brings a lot of hard feelings, too. Onto the thankful things first shall we!
Then ^ in her preemie size outfit at about 4.5lbs.
Now ^ pictured with the same preemie outfit weighing in at 21lbs!
For one of my baby showers, my aunt got my mom this Hello Kitty waffle maker. My aunt makes Snoopy waffles for all her grandkids and it is something she is known for by her grandkids and even the adult grandkids still ask for Snoopy waffles! So, of course, she had to get one for my mom (they don't make the Snoopy one anymore since it is about 25 years old). I have been trying to decide what to do with the waffle maker for a long time. Sadly, I knew that my mom would not live to make Faith waffles. When my mom opened the gift, I was actually pretty sad realizing the reality of her illness. I knew that I wanted to make Faith's Homecoming anniversary from the hospital a little special since it really was such a big day for all of us. I didn't want to make it like a birthday since it is not her birthday. The waffle maker came to mind a few weeks ago and I knew that today was the day to bring it out. A special thing for sure, but definately a sad day, too.
Obviously, she loved the waffles. :)
2 comments:
Such a sweet post Leah. Thanks for sharing it with all of us! :)
What a blessing to read! That was precious to see her in the preemie outfit then held to her at 21 lbs. WOW!!!
amazing!!!
Post a Comment